Contact seminar for EVSincluding people with special needs
If you work with people with special needs, this might be something for you. March 11. to 14. 2004 Nordic contact seminar is arranged, aiming to give people with special needs more access to European Voluntary Service.
Youth workers, youth leaders and others working with people with special needs are invited to contact seminar about EVS at Hotel Sundvolden, Norway, by Tyrifjorden.
The theme of the seminar is to discuss and plan EVS-projecs for people with special needs.
If you want to take part, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
SALTO Training Courses on Inclusion
SALTO-Belgium has been organizing two training courses per year on one of the European priority topics: Inclusion of ALL young people in the YOUTH programme, also those with less opportunities.
- SALTO TC Inclusion EVS 2001
- SALTO courses on Inclusion - Spring 2004
After consultation with National Agencies, the European Commission and different actors in the field, the SALTO Inclusion Resource Centre decided to run two training courses on Inclusion through Sports in Spring 2004. 2004 is also the year of Education through Sports.
The SALTO Inclusion Resource Centre located in Belgium (Flanders) intends to increase the number of participants trained in a wider variety of course topics related to Inclusion. Previous SALTO TC Inclusion courses focussed on different actions of the YOUTH Programme (European Voluntary Service & Group Initiatives) and on a specific target group (young people with a disability). SALTO Inclusion is always on the outlook for course topics for future courses - maybe another target group (young offenders, sexual minorities, ...) or a specific way of working with marginalized target groups (peer education, sports as a non-formal learning method, ...)
SALTO courses on Inclusion in the past:
- In spring 2001 SALTO organized a Training Course on Inclusion with a focus on (short-term) EVS - or - how to use the YOUTH programme, and more specifically EVS, in the work with young people with less opportunities - more here
- In spring 2002 SALTO organized a Training Course on Inclusion with a focus on Group-Initiatives - or - how to use the YOUTH programme, and more specifically Group Initiatives, in the work with young people with less opportunities - more here
- In spring 2003 SALTO organized two Training Courses on the Inclusion of young people with disabilities in the YOUTH programme - or - how to organize successful international mixed ability projects - more here
Download the reports of the past training courses on inclusion below or check out the SALTO toolbox.